Wednesday, October 23, 2013

10/23/13

Hey everyone! Another Wednesday comes! A new transfer has officially started. It's a lot quieter around the house without Anziano Polson. He was always a bit... not quiet. We'll go with that. Hah. Anz. Sexton, who just came in is a little more softspoken. He's also broken right now. He did something to his knee a few weeks ago, so he came to Milano to get surgery. He just had the surgery yesterday, so he is at home resting. The three of us will be taking shifts for the next week or two to stay home with him. He's a trooper though!

Cimiano is going well. The sky decided to pour buckets of rain while we were walking home with our groceries. Not even a single tomato was lost though! Talk about miracles. I'm finding it hard to believe that October is almost over! Has Christmas music started playing in your house? It has in ours. Thank you Tabernacle Choir Christmas CDs!

As far as talking to people in the street, it's been a little slower this week. Maybe I smell bad. (Don't worry Mom; I put on my deoderant every day). Maybe the world in general just had a bad week. Eh. It's not about quantity, but it's about quality. My goal is to just make people think a little bit. I know I can't convince anybody of anything, but I can only invite people to listen to what I have found to be true. I had one exchange with someone that's stayed on my mind. I asked "What do you think about Jesus Christ," and he responded, "that which my religion tells me." Now, there is a difference between faith and blind faith. Blind faith is relying on someone else's testimony. Faith is relying on your own testimony, whatever that may be. We all started out in this life with blind faith. I firmly believe though that there comes a time in everyone's life where he or she must make the switch between blind faith and true faith.

It's so interesting to talk with people in the streets, on the park, in the Metro... etc. I've learned that we are all different people, but we are all children of God. So many people don't know that, and that makes me sad. My greatest hope is that I can help people realize their divine potential. For me, one of the saddest things in life is to see someone living under their potential.

I am a child of God.
His promises are sure.
Celestial glory shall be mine
if I can but endure.

Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
to live with Him someday.

Til next time, Anziano Simcox.

No comments:

Post a Comment