Wednesday, October 16, 2013

10/16/13

Hey all. It's me again. Hopefully you're not tired of hearing from me by now!

My fifth transfer has been succesfully completed. I am now past my 1/3 mark. Ridiculous. I'll be staying here in Milano Cimiano for at least another transfer. I also found out that I will be the district leader of Cimiano this transfer! I get to conduct meetings with the other missionaries in our district, interview baptismal candidates, and do companion exchanges with the other Anziani in my district. I feel blessed to have this opportunity to serve. I'm still decently young in the mission, but I know that this will help me learn and grow so much!

We met a woman on the street while we were out doing some proselyting. She stopped and listened to us and after a few minutes we invited her to come see the church. We were close to the church, so we invited her in and she accepted right then and there! We gave her a tour of the church and said a prayer with her in the chapel. I felt the Spirit very strongly and she told us several times how much she needed to hear the message that we were bringing. She told us she believes that God put us in her path. We gave her a Book of Mormon and invited her to church on Sunday. On Saturday as we were walking past the church, we found her ringing the citofono... err doorbell? Close enough. She said she had come by just to confirm the time of church the next day. She told us that she had read "un bel po del Libro di Mormon" which means a good little bit. Then she said to us, "It can't really be true, can it?" We said "Of course it can, and you can know for yourself!" She was generally surprised by this and wanted to know how she could know. The next day she came to church. The lesson in Sunday School was all about the Holy Ghost and prayer. She said it answered many of her questions. She loved Sacrament meeting and particularly how we refer to God as Heavenly Father. She was very touched by that. When I talked to her yesterday, she said she is reading every morning and evening and she is loving it.

I attached a picture for today. This is a random arch that sits in Milano for some reason or other. The little black dot at the bottom is me. I am loving serving in Milano. I've adapted to life in the big city and I think it's great. Not that I'll ever live in a city of my own free will, but hey! 

My scripture today comes from Mosiah 2:41. "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it." The ONLY way to true lasting happiness is through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have a firm testimony of that. As we strive to all that we can to follow the example that the Savior set for us, we will find that happiness that so many people in this world desperately seek. If you don't believe me, give it a try. You will see the difference. I promise.


Alla prossima, Anziano Simcox


No comments:

Post a Comment