Wednesday, November 27, 2013

11/20/13

Wow. Another transfer is already almost gone! On Monday or Tuesday I'll be getting a call telling me whether I'm staying in Milano or moving on to another city. I'm not sure which I'd rather do! I was ready to leave Pesaro after staying there for six months, but I feel like I've barely arrived in Milano! I'll go where I'm needed. We're all guessing that I'm getting shipped out though. We'll see! Isn't it exciting?

What can I say about this week? It's gone by so fast that I'm not even sure what my name is. It's a good thing I always wear a nametag or that could be really bad. Really though, these past few weeks have almost literally flown. It's been raining nonstop. I think I said that in my last email. I haven't seen the sun for a few weeks. My left shoe has a hole in it. I normally wouldn't mind, but when the ground is constantly wet, that's not too good. I'll probably look around for some shoes today. Last P-day we went "shopping" (a.k.a. we walked around the fashion district looking in the windows) and I forgot how much I hate shopping. Anz. Parker was having a grand old time, but I was just getting stressed. I tried to look for a sweater; nothing too fancy, but I figured I am in Italy right? I might as well get something cool. 300€ for a sweater?!?! Excuse me... I will never pay that much for anything that I put on my body, let alone a sweater as thin as paper.

In other news, Thanksgiving is next week! I will do something. We've been trying to plan a dinner at the church but it hasn't been working. If not, I will at least make lots of food for our apartment and we'll have our own little Thanksgiving dinner. It's the little things that count, no? 

Miracle time. Our friend from Nepal is getting baptized on Saturday! It should be awesome. He's very excited. Just as a side note, we've been going along this whole time thinking that he spoke hardly any Italian. On Monday we brought him over to a member family's house for dinner and he spoke Italian like a champion. That obstacle has now been eliminated. We were a little worried about how he'd do with the members if he couldn't speak Italian. All this time he's just been modest. He speaks enough to get by. We're so happy for him and he's happy as well. One of his worries was that when he goes back to Nepal this year that the Church wouldn't be there. President Dibb did some research and found a branch of members and a companionship of missionries in Kathmandu, which is where our friend is from. Can you believe it? The Church is everywhere. All the obstacles that stood between this man and baptism have been eliminated this week and he is ready as can be. We were talking about him the other day and saying how cool it is that just seven weeks after meeting missionaries on the subway, one can decide to change his/her life. When we first met him, we had no idea that he would progress in the Gospel, but his heart had been prepared and he was ready to listen. That's what the Gospel of Christ can do. It is the power to change eternity.

"And according to his faith there was a mighty change wrought in his heart. Behold I say unto you that this is all true... And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?" (Alma 5:12, 14). Have we had this change in ourselves? Every one of us is a convert, whether we've had the truth for a day or a lifetime. 

Vi voglio tantissimo bene e vi auguro una buona settimana. --Anziano Simcox


The picture is one of the streets in the fashion district. Nothing too fancy, but I just love the old stone streets and shuttered windows.


No comments:

Post a Comment