Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sto morendo di caldo

I'm really tired. I claim no liability for the following. We played
soccer today in Ancona with the other Anziani. It was nice. I haven't
played in so long! Then we went and did grocery shopping. There's this
really good cereal named Master Crumble, but it's only sold at a
specific grocery store chain here in Italy. Whenever we go to Ancona
we make it a point to go to Lidl and get Master Crumble. It's. So.
Good. Those are the simple pleasures of missionary life. The other
simple pleasure is when you try to carry all of your groceries while
biking. Usually I just attach it to the hook on the back of my bike,
but today it didn't work and my face ended up on the ground. It was
pretty epic. Sadly, one peach passed away in the catastrophe... I'm
totally fine---just mourning for the peach.

Pesaro is great, but REALLY HOT. This week it hit 41°C. For those who
don't have their temperature converter handy, that's 105°F. Mamma mia.
I had no idea that Italy ever gets this hot. Apparently it does. I've
been drinking LOTS of water. I already drank lots of water anyway, but
now I drink more. Hah!

The work in Pesaro goes along. We have four Anziani here in Pesaro
now! It's weird sharing our apartment with two others. Their names are
Anz. Anderson and Anz. Kekoolani. They're great missionaries though.
Anz. Kekoolani is fresh off the plane; another new missionary in
Pesaro! We've been trying to figure out how to make it work with four.
Pesaro isn't that big of a city, so we're learning how to share space.
It's fun though. The members love having four of us now and it's
getting them more excited about missionary work. We've seen a small
surge of member missionary work as members have been sharing their
testimonies with people around them. It's awesome!

Carmine is excited about his baptism next Saturday! We are too! The
members are really excited to see another baptism in Pesaro. They're
few and far between, so whenever there is one, you can feel the
excitement.

As I've said before, one of the blessings of being a missionary is
being able to talk to many different kinds of people throughout the
day. Everyone has a story that makes them who they are. I love hearing
these stories and being able to help these people understand what has
brought me so much joy. It's hard when people don't want to accept our
message or just blow us off immediately. Some people look outwardly
disgusted by us the moment they see us. There are always people who
will listen though. There are always people who are prepared to
listen. It's wonderful to find these people and be able to help them a
bit on their journey to eternal life. It's where we're all trying to
make it in one way or the other.

I don't have a big story to tell this week or a crazy miracle to
write. Of course my whole life is a story and every day is full of
miracles. Everyday I have the opportunity to share what, or who more
specifically, brings me joy: Jesus Christ. I bear my testimony that He
is our Savior. He lives. He loves us. He is waiting to bless us. The
purpose of the Bible and the Book of Mormon is to bear witness of
Christ as our Savior and Redeemer. I have no doubts about this. He is
real. He loves us. He loves you. Come unto Him and be saved.

Vi voglio un sacco di bene,
Anziano Simcox


No comments:

Post a Comment